In practice, the role of the Product Owner is often not carried out in the way it is intended. And that’s exactly what this workshop is all about: understanding the role of the Product Owner in such a way that you can fulfil this role successfully. Thus, we will deal especially with the aspects of Scrum in depth that are interesting for you as a Product Owner.
The goal of our Certified Scrum Product Owner® workshop is for you to gain valuable experience that will immediately help you with your everyday work. That’s why you as a participant are at the centre of the training.
There are no boring PowerPoint presentations in our trainings. Instead, we visualise all the contents live and just in time. Get ready for exciting interactions, energy and dynamics!
You will get the most value out of the Product Owner course when you try out as much as possible yourself in practice of what you will learn in theory. So, of course, we also use Scrum in the training itself to get from the vision to the product backlog to a valuable “product”. Just like in real life, the training backlog is constantly adjusted based on your individual questions and topics. This ensures that your most important topics have been covered at the end of the training. Accordingly, the training is organised in sprints with corresponding sprint goals.
Our Certified Scrum Product Owner®training is divided into two parts:
Part 1 – Creating Valuable Products
- Understanding agile product development (discovery and delivery)
- Ideation and Validation
- From an idea to the product vision
- From the vision to product goals
- From product goals to sprint goals
- Working with stakeholders
Part 2 – Delivering Valuable Products
- Working with the Product Backlog
- Product Backlog Refinement in detail
- From the Product Backlog to an increment
- Using the Product Backlog effectively
- Release strategies and release planning
- Scaling product development
- A sprint in the life of a Product Owner
- Product Owner antipatterns
Our Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) course is primarily aimed at Scrum practitioners who already work as a Product Owner or are planning to do so. This Product Owner training is also perfect for ScrumMasters who want to learn how to optimally support Product Owners.
In order for you and the other participants to receive the best possible Product Owner training, you should already have sound basic agile knowledge and ideally also practical experience. Alternatively, you can attend our Scrum Foundations course of Scrum Alliance® in advance. This is specially designed to prepare you for your CSPO® training.
The course is extremely interactive and depends on your participation, as this is the best way for you to get the most value out of the training.
So you should not be someone who just wants to sit there and listen for a couple of days.
However, if you want to actively shape the training, get involved and return to your workplace full of fresh ideas, motivation and a big helpful toolbox to develop great products with joy instead of frustration, then our Certified Scrum Product Owner® course is the right choice for you!
What is the certification process?
To become officially certified, you must successfully complete the entire training. On the last day of the training, the trainer will activate your account with the Scrum Alliance®️ (access via e-mail). You can then download your certificate directly from the Scrum Alliance®️.
How can I prepare myself?
Each participant will receive an information e-mail before the training to help them prepare. Depending on your level of knowledge, you should plan between 30 minutes and 2 hours for this.
If you want to start now, we recommend the video "Agile Product Ownership in a Nutshell" by our colleague Henrik Kniberg from Sweden before each training.
You can also read the Scrum Guide by Scrum founders Dr. Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber.
Make a note of your questions in advance so that we can address them during the training.
If you notice that your basic knowledge is still expandable, please take part in a Scrum Foundations course in advance.
- High-intensity training with our Certified Scrum Trainer® Björn Jensen etc.
- Maximum attention due to a limited number of participants
- An ideal training and learning environment, tailored to the special requirements of the Certified Scrum Product Owner® training – both online and on-site
- The book “Essential Scrum” as a valuable companion and reference book on your agile journey as a Product Owner.
- Comprehensive accompanying material before, during and after the training (incl. all flipcharts from your training)
- Personal support before, during and after the training (incl. tool test session for virtual parts)
- Course preparation with learning management system and progress checks
- 1 x 30 min. individual coaching after the course
- The certification fee and a two-year membership for Scrum Alliance®
- CSPO® certificate of Scrum Alliance® as well as a certificate of participation from us (upon request)
- Scrum Foundations stamp (as basic Scrum knowledge is a prerequisite for this class)
- 24 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) of Scrum Alliance –or. 26 in case of Live Online
- Catering (lunch, snacks) as well as hot and cold drinks (not for Live Online)
- Access to the exclusive Slack community of your course as well as our “Path to CSP℠”
- A lot of fun
Björn Jensen studied Computer Science at the University of Applied Sciences of Hamburg, Germany. He is founder and leader of the Java User Group Hamburg (JUGHH) and the Android User Group Hamburg. He is also a founding member of the JetBrains Academy of Development. Furthermore, he is Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) and a member of the Trainer Approval Committee of the Scrum Alliance.
This event is hosted by:
Jensen & Komplizen GbR is an official partner of Agile Academy
Where is the event location?
Plan your journey
Book this event now!
01.08. - 02.08.2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® Jensen & Komplizen GbR
- 09:00 - 18:00
- Net duration
- 18 hours
- Cologne (GMT+02:00) Berlin